Thursday, September 5, 2013

Words to live by.....

So I tried to do this whole "blogging" thing about 5 years ago....and I found that I was actually pretty funny and decided to write a book. As with most things, however, I got really into book writing for awhile and then haven't picked it up since. I started with my first thoughts as a human (negotiating for a brother instead of a sister with my father as we left my mother's ultrasound appointment where I had received, at the time, very devastating news) and left off somewhere along the way in my training with a patient assessment and plan of "needs more benzos/try less meth". Someday I hope to finish it, but until then I have been inspired by other bloggers to give this a go again.

A little background - I am currently in my last year of anesthesia residency. That's right folks, I went to high school, college, medical school, and then residency. I am 31 years old and I have never had a real job. And by real I mean real MONEY. I have certainly worked REAL 80-100 hour work weeks and had REAL unappreciative bosses, patients, and coworkers. But, despite all of that, I survived. But I have noticed that, for some reason, my existence draws the most bizarre experiences. One day I saw this awesome picture:

It accurately represented all of the ridiculous thoughts and facial expressions I have given to situations over the years. It was perfect - and it became my new motto.

I'm excited to tell my crazy stories with anyone who cares to read them. Perhaps I will get a laugh or two out of you as well.

Sarah



No comments:

Post a Comment